Guerilla research - how to learn stuff when you don’t have a research budget.
The truth is, every project needs some degree of research – we need to verify that the “what” is accurate and will truly fulfil the “why” behind any project.
Without good-quality research, every project will fail. Alas, we are often forced to work on tight deadlines with no budget for “discovery” work. Happily, there are ways to get the information you need even when your client or manager doesn’t see this need.
In just a few hours, Eric will show you how to:
- improve the efficiency of your desk research
- conduct more effective user and stakeholder interviews
- realistically interpret customer-satisfaction surveys
- carry out simple ethnographic surveys
- find secret resources within the client company
- cheat your way to the resources you need
Throughout the workshop, Eric will also share some eye-opening “war stories” based on his many years of experience in marketing, service design, and UX. You won’t want to miss this.
Note: there will be a simple homework assignment prior to the workshop which participants will receive about a week before the event.