WHAT IS THIS BARCAMP THING? WHY THERE IS NO AGENDA?
Barcamp is a gathering of like-minded product professionals born from the desire to share knowledge and learn in the open environment. Participants coming to barcamp should be ready to present, share their experiences or otherwise actively participate during the sessions. There is no preset agenda known before the event. Barcamp starts with the session hosts (presenters) putting topics of their sessions inside empty slots on the barcamp board.
Sessions will run from the morning till the afternoon and are spread across 7 rooms. Before each round of sessions, presenters will pitch their topics, so that other participants can better manage their paradox of choice.
In case you wonder:
- Coffee / tea / water & lunch are provided
- Session hosts (presenters) need to use their own laptops & dongles. All projectors in the venue use HDMI connectors.
- Each session lasts for 30 min (we’re recommending max 25min for a presentation + 5min for questions/discussion)
- You can run your session in English or Polish
- We’re open to all types of session formats. You can run a regular presentation, host a quick workshop, moderate a fishboal discussion or a Q&A session. As long as you don’t diverge too far from the broad arena of product / design / research / UX you will likely gather a handsome pack of followers eager to hear what you have to say or show.
DO I NEED TO DO A PRESENTATION WHEN I ATTEND THE BARCAMP DAY?
When you purchased your ticket for barcamp and you’ve selected a “Participant ticket” you don’t need to prepare a presentation or host a session. If you bought a “Speaker’s ticket” however or indicated in a checkbox that you’re presenting you do need to host a session. Why? Pls see above.
IS BARCAMP ADMISSION INCLUDED IF I PURCHASE A CONFERENCE / WORKSHOP TICKET?
No. Tickets to Barcamp are sold separately.
WHAT’S YOUR TICKET RETURN POLICY?
You can return your ticket until 12.05.2020. After this date ticket returns will not be possible. If you want to return your ticket please email us at email@example.com. It might take up to 20 working days for funds to be transferred back to you.
IF I ALREADY BOUGHT A PARTICULAR WORKSHOP ENTRY CAN I CHANGE IT TO A DIFFERENT ONE?
No. Unfortunately it’s not possible.
CAN I TRANSFER MY TICKET TO ANOTHER PERSON?
Yes, you can transfer your ticket over, but not later than 12.06.2020. Please note, in order for the new person to get admission to the event, you need to let us know who you’re transferring to by emailing us at firstname.lastname@example.org. In your transfer email please state: first and last name and the email of the person you’re transferring to. Transfering of the funds need to occur between you two.
I LOST / DIDN’T GET MY INVOICE. CAN I GET A DUPLICATE?
If you bought your ticket\s directly from us please send us an email at email@example.com. If you bought your ticket via Eventbrite.com you can get your invoice from the confirmation email or by logging in to Eventbrite > Tickets section.
HOW CAN I PAY FOR PRODUCTCAMP TICKETS?
You can choose one of the following two options:
- If you’re a customer based in Poland and require and invoice, your option is to select a “pro-forma invoice” option and buy your ticket directly from us. This way you avoid processing fee by Eventbrite. After selecting your tickets and filling in the order form we email you with a “pro-forma” invoice. You have 5 working days to pay. After receiving your bank transfer we email you back with a ticket confirmation and “faktura zaliczkowa”.
- If you’re based outside of Poland or would like to pay online (paypal / credit card), please select Eventbrite payment channel.
DO YOU OFFER ANY DISCOUNTS?
Of course. Every person who buys both the workshop ticket and a conference ticket - in one transaction - will get 100 PLN off. This offer is valid ONLY if you buy them together in one transaction.
CAN I PAY FOR THE BARCAMP DAY TICKET, BASED ON A PRO-FORMA INVOICE?
Yes, but only if you’re buying your barcamp ticket together with either a workshop or a conference ticket. There is no possibility to get a pro-forma invoice if your’re only buying a single barcamp ticket. In such case go to Eventbrite and get your single barcamp ticket, pay by credit card or paypal. You’ll be sent with a tax invoice as well.
DO YOU ISSUE VAT INVOICES?
Sure. Please select your tickets and fill in the order form. We’ll then email you with a pro-forma invoice, which needs to be paid within 5 working days (otherwise your ticket reservation is cancelled).
After we receive your payment we email you again with a “prepayment invoice” (faktura zaliczkowa). After the event we email you yet again with a final invoice. Lots of invoices? Sure is. Polish tax law rocks!
DO I NEED TO PRINT OUT A TICKET TO GET TO PRODUCTCAMP?
No. If you bought your ticket we already have your name on file. Make sure to arrive early at the registration desk with your photo ID and we’ll issue your participant ID.
WILL THE CONFERENCE VIDEO FOOTAGE BE AVAILABLE ONLINE AFTER THE EVENT?
No. We’re not planning to record and publish the videos from the event. We want this experience to be unique and reserved to participants attending ProductCamp.